San Antonio Zoo hosts its family-friendly, non-spooky Halloween celebration Zoo Boo!
San Antonio Zoo kicks off Zoo Boo!, a fun, non-scary Halloween event for the entire family. Little ghouls and goblins are encouraged to wear their best costume to participate in a daily costume contest with a chance to win a zoo prize pack. Children of all ages and adults are welcome to dawn non-scary, family-friendly costumes. Costume masks are only permitted for children under the age of 12. Zoo Boo! is included with zoo standard admission and FREE for Zoo Annual Pass Holders and Monthly Members.
Zoo Boo! FAQ
Can I wear a Halloween mask?
Halloween masks are only permitted for children under the age of 12.
Does the zoo provide trick-or-treating bags?
Guests are encouraged to be “green” and bring their own bag for trick-or-treating. San Antonio Zoo will offer reusable, eco-friendly trick-or-treat bags for purchase at all zoo gift shops or merchandise carts.
Are any of the Zoo Boo! activities an additional fee?
Yes, the Pumpkin Patch and Pick a Pumpkin are additional charges during Zoo Boo!
Is the candy that is being handed out eco-friendly?
This year Zoo Boo! is proud to feature trick-or-treat candy that is eco-friendly, as it contains responsibly sourced palm oil. This falls in line with the zoo’s conservation efforts to save forests and the wildlife found there. Palm oil is the most widely used vegetable oil and is found in over have of products found in supermarkets. Because of this, land and forests are cleared to make way for palm oil plantations, thus threatening wildlife. San Antonio Zoo is committed to bringing awareness to ecological issues like this.
Trick-or-Treating Safety Guidelines
To make trick-or-treating safe for our guests and Zoo Crew during Zoo Boo!, we have implemented the following safety guidelines for our guests participating in trick or treating.
- Our Zoo Crew will be wearing gloves when passing out candy during the trick-or-treating hour and will be changing gloves frequently/as needed.
- Please refrain from direct hand-to-hand contact.
- Guests will be required to form single-file lines when waiting to receive candy at our trick or treat stations throughout the zoo.
- Please maintain 6-feet of distance between your party and other parties while waiting in line to receive candy.
- Face masks/coverings are strongly recommended for outdoor areas for all guests ages 10 and over.
- Face masks/coverings are required for all indoor locations including restrooms.
- Face masks/coverings will be required for all animal interactions for guests ages 2 and older.
- San Antonio Zoo face masks/coverings are available for purchase at all gift shop locations.
- All guests participating in Zoo Boo! trick or treating must have a bag with them for Zoo Crew to place candy in.
- Bags are available for purchase at our gift shops throughout the zoo.