HOST AN EVENT TO REMEMBER
Looking for a unique meeting, wedding venue, or company picnic ideas? Then head to San Antonio Zoo. With a veritable receiving line of animals from around the globe, the zoo provides an unforgettable backdrop for corporate events, wedding receptions, and private parties. Say your vows in the Africa Live! Hippo viewing cave, open birthday gifts next to the towering giraffes or hold your company’s team-building event in the spacious Beastro. Whether your event planning is for 20 or 5,000, San Antonio Zoo will make it one to remember.
- Indoor event venues accommodating up to 300 guests
- Beastro Restaurant: air-conditioned, outdoor patio (great for large groups, sit-down dinners, galas, and corporate meetings)
Hippo Viewing Room
- Savannah Deck
Hippo Overlook Banquet Room: air-conditioned venue complete with audiovisual needs
- Great for: Meetings, company picnics, family reunions, holiday parties, birthday parties, and wedding receptions, quinceañera ceremonies, and corporate parties.
- Complimentary San Antonio Zoo catered-event consultant to help ensure your event goes smoothly.
- On-site caterer preparing delicious meals
- Convenient and ample parking
- Guests will have an opportunity to get closer to some of our animals with behind the scenes tours, animal feedings, and much more.
Arrange an after-hours meeting or party at one of our “locations-to-remember” including:
- Beastro Restaurant
Hippo Viewing Room
- Giraffe deck
Think outside the box and provide a unique experience that your employees, and their families, will not just remember but look forward to.
Looking to be wild away from the office? The Zoo has some great team building activities available including:
- Scavenger hunts
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes encounters
- More fun and wild activities
Whether it’s a 5th birthday, or a 50th, there’s no better place to spend the day than at the San Antonio Zoo. Party Packages Include:
- Admission to the park
- Carousal or train ride
- Reserved party space
- More fun activities!
- All staff-hosted party reservations close 2-weeks prior to the event date. Register early, as space is limited.
Make your special night wildly beautiful! Give your wedding guests a night to remember with a wedding and reception venue as unique as your union.
- Enjoy a delicious meal prepared by our executive chef as he delights your palette.
- San Antonio Zoo private event department will simplify the planning process by facilitating your event logistics.
- Just ask, and our private event department will help you plan a memorable dining experience to accommodate groups of 20 to 300 people.
It’s the Ultimate Holiday Party Venue!
There’s no better way to “wow” your employees and friends this holiday season. Imagine hosting your holiday party amidst such a magical ambiance. Plus, we do all the work for you! You just need to pick a date and send the invitations.
Your holiday party includes:
- Admission to Zoo Lights
- Animal encounters
- 2- to 3-hour party venue
- Catered meal
- Alcohol packages
- Accommodations for groups from 20 or more guests
Our stunning —and air-conditioned—Beastro Restaurant is our largest banquet hall and is perfect for wedding receptions, corporate meetings, fundraisers, and any larger group. Its modern floor plan features a spacious patio overlooking our magnificent carousel. It can accommodate 300 guests for a seated dinner, The on-site kitchen is home to our San Antonio Zoo caterer, ready to plan and prepare delicious treats for your event.
Africa Live! Hippo Viewing Cave
Truly one of the most unique party venues in San Antonio, the Hippo Viewing Cave is a great idea for an upscale corporate dinner, an unique birthday party , or even a small private wedding. It can accommodate up to 90 guests seated at tables or 150 guests for a reception style arrangement.
Want some really wild guests at your next party? The open-air Giraffe Deck is a perfect spot to enjoy the wild life—and your friends at the same time. Tables can accommodate up to 50 guests.
The San Antonio Zoo features several picnic areas that are great for birthday parties and small gatherings. Work with the San Antonio Zoo and take your small picnic to the next level. We’ll take care of the food, reserve the space and you can sit back and enjoy.
Social Distancing & Safety Guidelines
- Face masks are strongly recommended for outdoor areas for all guests ages 10 and older.
- Face masks are required for all indoor locations including restrooms.
- Face masks will be required for all animal interactions for guests ages 2 and older.
- San Antonio Zoo face masks are available for purchase at all gift shop locations.
- Reentry will not be allowed after exiting.
- For your convenience and safety, there will be dozens of hand-sanitizer stations placed throughout the zoo courtesy of H-E-B.
- Zoo Crew will be regularly cleaning and disinfecting knobs, rails, and other surfaces commonly touched throughout the zoo.
- Bathroom facilities are open and will be cleaned regularly.
- Social distancing markers will be placed on pathways, in front of habitats, and in restrooms.
- Please maintain a safe distance of 6-feet from the nearest guest that’s not in your herd during your zoo visit.
- Our restaurants will be open with enhanced safety measures to ensure your herd has a safe and fun experience.
- There will be no tables of more than 10 people.
- Restaurants locations will operate for service up to 75% of the total listed occupancy inside the location.
- Restaurants and Retail locations will regulate the number of people inside each location to help maintain location occupancy.
- Please be prepared to pay using a valid credit or debit card at San Antonio Zoo. VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover are accepted. Some locations accept Apple Pay and Android Pay. The ability to use cash is limited.
- Due to our limitations, the following areas are temporarily closed:
- Water fountains (please visit our restaurants for complimentary water)
- River Bank will be closed for maintenance and repairs beginning on Monday, June 22.
- To make your next zoo visit the best experience possible, please plan your visit ahead of time.