WHEN WILD MEETS LIFE
Get ready for a wild summer! Week-long summer camp themes will appeal to your child’s passion for wildlife and nature. All camp themes include up-close encounters, zoo tours, themed activities, fun games and art projects, all set in a nature-based play environment.
Campers will be placed in the groups based on grade level entering in the fall.
For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-734-7184 ext. 1501
Summer Zoo Camp registration will open February 1, 2020.
Zoo Your Own Adventure - Online Camp
Level 3 – $275/unlimited access in June and July*
Level 2 – $175/unlimited access to June or July*
Level 1 – $100/5 sessions in June or July
Get ready to Zoo Your Own Adventure!
Zoo Your Own Adventure is the perfect way to experience all the fun of summer camp from the comfort of home. Choose from tons of exclusive live and interactive video experiences with animals, zoo staff, and peer groups. Whether you are looking for animal meet-and-greets, behind-the-scenes adventures, group activities, zoo tours, (or all the above!) you can build the perfect online camp schedule to complement your camper’s passion and your family’s schedule.
*Level 2 & 3 registration includes a take-home pack with a camp t-shirt, water bottle, at-home activities, and more!
Zoo Your Own Adventure Experiences
|Meet and Greet||Zoo Tours||Exclusive Closer Look||Group Activities|
|Flamingo||Reptile House||Animal Paintings||All About Amazing Animal Care|
|Legless Lizard||Butterflies||Sloths||Zoo Bingo|
|Ferret Enrichment||Lions and Tigers||Kangaroos||DIY Pet Enrichment|
|Turtles: Big and Small||Amazon Animals||Cleaning the Hippo Pool||Zoo Animal Trivia|
|Komodo Dragon||Giraffe, Zebra, Ostrich||Visiting the Veterinarian||“Flat Stanley” Campers|
Zoo Your Own Adventure FAQ:
- How long are Zoo Your Own Adventure online video sessions?
- Most Zoo Your Own Adventure online sessions are 25-30 minutes long; however, you may choose several consecutive sessions if you’d like to create a 2-3 hour experience for your camper (with continuous login). A variety of morning and afternoon options will be available.
- How are online sessions selected and accessed?
- After registering for either June or July experiences, you will receive an email with a link to the online Zoo Your Own Adventure calendar. Sign-up for as many Zoo Your Own Adventure online sessions as you’d like. A link and password will be provided to each session, along with directions for accessing the online content. An internet connection via a computer, tablet, or phone is required.
- How is Zoo Your Adventure different from an online school?
- Zoo Your Own Adventure is all about fun with a focus on giving participants a chance to share stories, ask questions, and following their passion for animals and the zoo. Our goal is to limit the group to 15 participants to make sure that everyone that would like to interact with zoo staff and camp peers has the opportunity.
- What steps are being taken to ensure online safety?
- Safety is always our number one priority at the zoo and online programming is no different. Some of the safety measures for Zoo Your Own Adventure include: unique program links, password protection, always having 2 zoo staff members present, option to use nicknames instead of the real name, only group conversations (not private/individual), email verification, session rosters, safety checklists for staff and helpful tips for parents.
Kinder – 5th Grade
Camp Hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Mon. – Fri.
$265 per child, per week
Nests, burrows, mounds and more…campers will build up some amazing discoveries in this Zoo Camp! From insects to mammals, birds and fish, campers will take a closer look at the incredible engineers of the animal world.
*May 26-29; June 15-19; July 6-10; July 27-31
*4-day camp is $215 per child
Where in the World?
Is it possible to travel around the world in a week? Zoo Campers are about to find out! With their zoo passport in hand, campers are bound to have an adventure like no other as they travel around the zoo in search of some of the coolest animals across the continents.
June 1-5; June 22-26; July 13-17; Aug 3-7
Get ready, get set – GO! This summer, campers will discover the many adaptations that make animals exceptional athletes. As campers decide which animal should take home the gold, they’ll test their own skills during the Zoo Camp Summer Olympic Games!
June 8-12; June 29-July 3; July 20-24; Aug 10-14
6th - 8th Grade
Camp hours are from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Mon. – Fri.
$325 per child, per week
Discover the wild side of working at San Antonio Zoo! Get up-close and personal during camp exclusive experiences with the animal care, conservation and veterinary teams. Campers will go behind-the-scenes throughout the zoo and find out what it takes to secure a future for wildlife. Join the zoo crew for an adventure like no other!
June 8-12; June 15-19; June 22-26; July 6-10; July 13-17; July 20-24; Aug. 3-7; Aug. 10-14
After Camp Care
Kinder – 8th Grade
Until 5:30 p.m., Mon. – Fri.
$65 per child, per week
Extended Care is available for campers in all grade levels, Kinder – 8th. Campers will be provided with an afternoon snack and free-play activities.