Are you ready to gaze eye-to-eye with the world’s tallest land mammal while feeding them lettuce? Try one of our ultimate zoo experiences, the giraffe feeding. Learn all about these majestic creatures under a shaded overlook supervised and interpreted by zoo staff and volunteers.
There will be some enhanced safety measures in place when you do the Giraffe Feeding Experience. Review our updated safety measures and plan your next visit:
- Please maintain social distancing, 6 feet, or utilize visual markers.
- All guests 3 years old and older must have a ticket to enter the encounter area.
- Guests two years old and younger are not required to purchase a ticket; they are not provided lettuce so as to remain a safe distance from the giraffe.
- Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by a paid adult.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to use for all guests who participate.
- Guests with mobility support devices (wheelchair, ECV), can meet the rest of their party at the entrance to the deck the begin their encounter.
- Stroller parking is available OUTSIDE of the encounter.
*Experience will be closed from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. to allow for cleaning
10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. & 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
*times subject to change