Join Our Herd
San Antonio Zoo docents are an important part of our team. They play a vital role helping the San Antonio Zoo inspire our visitors to love, engage with, act for, and protect animals and the places they live. Docent activities include touring school groups, interpreting at exhibits and animal encounters, interacting with guests during international animal days, and providing support at zoo special events.
If you’ve got a passion for our mission and enjoy interacting with the public, we provide the training you need to be successful.
Docents applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Able to commit to a minimum of 75 service hours per year.
- Weekday docents must be regularly available for their shift on the same day each week during the school year.
- Weekend docents must be regularly available for two weekend shifts per month throughout the calendar year.
- Submit a complete application
- Pass a criminal background check
- Attend all days of new docent training scheduled on October 21st and 28th.