Dungeons & Dragons Game Night
Level up your game night!
This is not your average tavern…
Register individually or bring your whole adventuring party to play a unique, one-shot run by one of the zoo Dungeon Masters. Or reserve a table and bring your own D&D game, board games, etc. while enjoying the sights and sounds of Dragon Forest!
New to Dungeons & Dragons? We’ll help you create a character, find the perfect set of dice, and have you rolling crits in no time.
Already have stats? Join a 5e Dragon Forest-inspired one-shot with a level 6 PC. From first-time players to PCs with years of experience, adventuring parties, or single explorers, this is sure to be a chaotic good time!
Dungeons & Dragons Game Night Details:
- When: Thursday, April 15th from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Gates open at 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Dragon Forest* (located behind the zoo’s parking garage)
- Registration is required and all registrations include battlesnacks – your very own charcuterie board!
- Individual Registration: $55 (join up to four other adventurers)
- Table of 5: $95
- Table for 5 with a Zoo Dungeon Master: $195
Click the link below to register today and get ready for an evening of games, battlesnacks, and… dragons!
This event is geared towards 18yrs and older. Interested in a family-friendly D&D event? Please complete this survey.
*Dragon Forest is a separate experience located behind the zoo parking garage*
Dragon Forest Dungeons & Dragons Night FAQ
I’d like to play a zoo D&D game with a zoo Dungeon Master – what should I expect?
- Zoo Dungeon Masters will run a custom 5e one-shot adventure, lasting 3-4hrs. Customizable pre-gen characters, based on the experience level you select during registration, will be provided the night of the event. Each Dungeon Master will set the table rules and expectations before the session begins.
Battlesnacks are included with each registration.
- If you opt for a private table, the game will be just for you and 4 of your guests (total of 5 people, plus Zoo Dungeon Master).
What if I don’t know how to play?
- No problem! You’ll have to opportunity to choose your experience level during registration. Dungeon Masters will review the basics of the game with folks at the “new-to-D&D” table and help you throughout the game.
What should we expect if we bring our own game(s)?
- A private table will be reserved for your party. You’re welcome to run your own campaign, bring boards games, or play family-friendly games you’d like And, of course, battlesnacks.
What are battlesnacks?
- Each registration includes battlesnacks; a charcuterie board. Additional food options, as well as alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, will be available for purchase the night of the event.
Where is this event located?
- D&D Game Night will be held outdoors, in Dragon Forest, the San Antonio Zoo’s newest adventure. Please check-in between 3:30-4:00p behind the zoo’s parking garage.
What if it rains?
- If it rains, or there is other inclement weather, the D&D Game Night event will be rescheduled.
What should I bring?
- You don’t need to bring anything – all the supplies you’ll need will be available at the event. If you’d like to bring your own dice, games, or any other items, please be aware that the zoo is not responsible for lost or damaged belongings.
Where should I park?
- Please park in the zoo’s parking garage. Check-in is located behind the parking garage.
Dino Land & Dragon Forest Map
Health & Safety Disclaimer
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our other guests, and San Antonio Zoo employees. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting San Antonio Zoo.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting San Antonio Zoo you voluntarily assume all risk related to exposure to COVID-19.