Dragon Forest at San Antonio Safari & Adventure Park
Guests can take a journey through a one-of-a-kind experience at our NEW exhibit, Dragon Forest* at San Antonio Safari & Adventure Park, where fantasy becomes a reality. Open select days through October 31, 2021, this festive medieval kingdom brings to life 15 dragons and an enchanting time with great food like turkey legs, kettle corn, and Bavarian nuts. Enjoy signature drinks like our Butter Beer, Dragon’s Blood, and other adult beverages. Plus, visit our main festival stage for live entertainment!
This new, immersive experience is only here for a limited time and will take you to a realm where creatures of fantasy roam the land! Get the full Dragon Forest and zoo experience by purchasing a combo ticket. Combo ticket prices vary by date. Please check our ticket calendar by clicking the Purchase Tickets link below.
For a limited time buy ONE adult Dragon Forest ticket and receive a FREE child ticket to Dragon Forest.
To take advantage of this offer, be sure to enter promo code DRAGONS at checkout.
Dragon Forest will be open on select dates through October 31, 2021. Click the link below to view Dragon Forest’s hours of operation throughout the rest of the year.
*Dragon Forest is a separate experience located behind the zoo parking garage*
Zoo and Dragon Combo Experience
This purchase includes:
- One (1) admission ticket to San Antonio Zoo
- One (1) admission ticket to Dragon Forest at San Antonio Safari & Adventure Park
Dragon Forest Standard Admission
For a limited time BUY ONE Dragon Forest Standard Admission Ticket and GET ONE FREE! To take advantage of this offer, be sure to enter promo code DRAGONS at checkout. This purchase includes:
- One (1) admission ticket to Dragon Forest at San Antonio Safari & Adventure Park
Dragon Forest Theme Days at San Antonio Safari & Adventure Park
Tales of myth and folklore come alive this season as Dragon Forest at San Antonio Safari & Adventure Park becomes more magical during Dragon Chronicle Days happening on select Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., with a costume contest happening each event at 2:00 p.m.
Themed event days will bewitch and enchant guests while starring in many of the tales featuring different dragons. Discover your House, enter those Dungeons, and celebrate Halloween in a mystical forest while enjoying live animal entertainment, live music, performances, and more! Enjoy signature drinks like our Butter Beer, Dragon’s Blood, and other adult beverages while dining on great food like turkey legs, kettle corn, and Bavarian nuts.
- August 7, 2021: Storybook: On August 7th in a forest far far away lives a king, queen, and all of their pet dragons. The forest is filled with wonderful entertainers like acrobats, jugglers, and falconers who all have a performance fit for a royal court. Listen to the sound of the harp and watch the fairies dance to its soft tune. Join us to see the storybook come alive and even create your own narrative.
- August 21, 2021: House of Dragons: Dragons are coming, and hear them roar! On August 21 see the aerialist high in the sky and watch as a falcon flies by. Dance to the music of the medieval land, meet the rules and shake their hand. Be aware our dragons aren’t the only thing that plays with fire, as we have a special performer who has that power. Adventure awaits, we hope to see you at the front gates.
- September 4, 2021: Dungeon and Dragons: On September 4 choose your destiny with just a roll of the dice. As you walk through the fantasy realm talk with elves and knights. All of our little trolls can gather around and join in on a quest to slay the dragons. We will have animal demonstrations that any druid would love. Come wearing your best equipment and join the costume contest that is open to all at 2:00 p.m. Bring your whole party and enjoy the fun!
- September 18, 2021: Wizarding School at Dragon Alley: Calling all wizards! On Saturday, September 18th get sorted into your house learn how to cast a spell using your very own wand for the Master Wizard himself, Merlin. Think you know all things in the Wizarding Universe? Put your knowledge to the test with a trivia game hosted by our very own Wizard Scholar. Don’t be a muggle, join a costume contest at 2:00 p.m. meant for a true wizard for a chance to win great prizes. Grab your butterbeer and come have a spell of a time at Dragon Alley!
- October 2, 2021: Cartoon Con: Moshi Moshi! Do you love all things anime? On October 2 meet some of your favorite characters at Dragon Forest. See anime come to life with a martial arts performance that will blow you away. Get your chance to join the cosplay fun and show off your skills in our costume contest at 2:00 p.m. that is open to all ages. We can guarantee an Anime-zing time!
- October 16, 2021: Dragon Treasures: Ahoy, Me Hearties! Get ye sea legs at Dragon Forest on October 16th from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. See pirates sail by and watch as they spot mermaids while on their voyage. Dance along to live music with ye fellow ship mates. Try and get some loot when you join the costume contest at 2:00 p.m. that is open to all ages. So batten down the hatches and get ready to set sail into Dragon Forest. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh you with me?
- October 30, 2021: Ghouls and Goblins: Things are getting spooky in Dragon Forest! Listen to Halloween hits from the spookiest band around, The Groovin’ Ghouls. Dance along with zombies & vampires as you listen to songs like the Monster Mash. Watch our fire dancer as she performs a scary and thrilling routine that would even scare Frankenstein away. Think you have the best costume around? Join our costume contest at 2:00 p.m. that is open to all ages to find out. This Halloween celebration will be scary fun!
*Dragon Forest is a separate experience at San Antonio Safari & Adventure Park located behind the zoo parking garage*
Dragon Forest Driving Directions
Dino Land & Dragon Forest Map
Designed Around Your Life 7 Days A Week
Dragon Forest Frequently Asked Questions
Do you accept cash?
A: Please be prepared to pay using valid credit or debit card. VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover are accepted. Some locations accept Apple Pay and Android Pay. The ability to use cash is not available.
Social Distancing & Safety Guidelines:
- Face masks are strongly recommended for all outdoor areas for all guests ages 10 and older until further notice.
- Reentry will not be allowed after exiting.
- For your convenience and safety, there will be dozens of hand-sanitizer stations placed throughout.
- Bathroom facilities are open and will be cleaned regularly.
- Please maintain a safe distance of 6-feet from the nearest guest that’s not in your herd during your visit.
When does Dragon Forest Open?
Dragon Forest will be open on select dates through October 31, 2021. Click here to view our hours of operation.
Is there a Dress Code?
- In keeping with our family-friendly atmosphere, and for health and safety reasons, Dragon Forest strictly enforces a dress code. Proper attire must be worn at all times, including shirts and appropriate footwear.
- Clothing or tattoos with offensive language or graphics are not permitted at any time.
- Examples of clothing not permitted are those displaying:
- Graphic violence
- Support for drugs and drug use
- Gang symbols
- Promotion of discrimination against any group
- Admission may be denied if clothing or tattoos are deemed to be inappropriate by management and the Guest refuses all reasonable options. Shirts cannot be turned inside out as a solution.
Where is the best place to park?
Check out our Parking Map for available parking areas in and around Brackenridge Park and the new Zoo Parking Garage! The Zoo Parking Garage is located in between the zoo and Will Smith Zoo School. Parking at the garage is free during zoo business hours.
Am I allowed to bring food and drinks into Dragon Forest?
Outside food or drink is not allowed. Exceptions are bottled water, baby food, and formula. Ice chests, coolers, and ice bags are not allowed on zoo grounds. School groups will still be allowed to bring in lunches for their classes.
Are Starbucks products allowed in Dragon Forest?
Yes, Starbucks products are allowed in Dragon Forest.
Are pets allowed?
Unfortunately, due to state and federal regulations, your furry friends are not allowed in Dragon Forest, however, service animals are welcome on zoo grounds under the care of their owner. We ask that all guests with service animals check-in at the ticket booth at Dragon Forest.
What is Dragon Forest’s photo policy?
During your visit to the zoo or Dragon Forest, you may have been filmed or photographed. Your admission to the zoo serves as permission for use of these images. The commercial use of photographs, video, and film you may have taken during your visit is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of San Antonio Zoo.
If I rent a stroller/wheelchair/electric wheelchair from San Antonio Zoo, can I take that over to Dragon Forest for use?
No, you cannot not use rented strollers/wheelchairs/electric wheelchairs rented from San Antonio Zoo for use at Dragon Forest. You are more than welcome to bring your own strollers/wheelchairs/electric wheelchairs into Dragon Forest. Please be aware that the natural ground might be challenging for some strollers/wheelchairs/electric wheelchairs. No strollers or wheelchairs will be available for rent at Dragon Forest.
Are there random bag checks?
For the safety of our guests, zoo crew, and animals, our Zoo Ranger team reserves the right to inspect packages, bags, and containers at Entry Point.
Can I rent strollers and wheelchairs at Dragon Forest?
You are welcome to bring your own strollers into Dragon Forest. Please be aware the natural ground might be challenging for some strollers. No stroller or wheelchairs will be available for rental.
Will Dragon Forest close due to inclement weather?
Dragon Forest and San Antonio Zoo will be open rain or shine unless the severity of the weather poses a threat to the safety of our guests and staff. If we do close due to inclement weather, we will post the news on our website and the zoo’s social media accounts. We do not offer refunds due to inclement weather, however, we can reschedule your tickets. If you wish to reschedule your tickets, please email email@example.com with RESCHEDULE TICKETS in the subject line and your order number in the email body.
Health & Safety Disclaimer
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our other guests, and San Antonio Zoo employees. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting San Antonio Zoo.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting San Antonio Zoo you voluntarily assume all risk related to exposure to COVID-19.