Welcome Back to San Antonio Zoo
Hello Zoo Family, Friends, and Fans,
We are happy to have our loyal supporters visit YOUR San Antonio Zoo once again! Watch our video below to learn more about all of our PAWsitive safety measures we’ve put in place here at the zoo.
PAWsitive Changes Throughout The Zoo:
- Face masks are strongly recommended for outdoor areas for all guests ages 10 and older.
- Face masks are requried for all indoor locations including restrooms.
- Face masks will be required for all animal interactions for guests ages 2 and older.
- San Antonio Zoo face masks are available for purchase at all gift shop locations.
- For your convenience and safety, there will be dozens of hand-sanitizer stations placed throughout the zoo courtesy of H-E-B.
- Zoo Crew will be regularly cleaning and disinfecting knobs, rails, and other surfaces commonly touched throughout the zoo.
- Bathroom facilities are open and will be cleaned regularly.
- Social distancing markers will be placed on pathways, in front of habitats, and in restrooms.
- Please maintain a safe distance of 6-feet from the nearest guest that’s not in your herd during your zoo visit.
- Our restaurants will be open with enhanced safety measures to ensure your herd has a safe and fun experience.
- No tables of more than 10 people.
- Restaurants locations will operate for service up to 50% of the total listed occupancy inside the location.
- Retail locations will operate for service up to 50% of the total listed occupancy inside the location.
- Restaurants and Retail locations will regulate the number of people inside each location to help maintain location occupancy.
- Please be prepared to pay using a valid credit or debit card at San Antonio Zoo. VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover are accepted. Some locations accept Apple Pay and Android Pay. The ability to use cash is very limited.
- Due to our limitations, the following areas are temporarily closed:
- Water fountains (please visit our restaurants for complimentary water)
To make your next zoo visit the best experience possible, please plan your visit ahead of time. We are in constant communication with state and local officials to ensure that we are operating responsibly.
Health & Safety Disclaimer
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our other guests, and San Antonio Zoo employees. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting San Antonio Zoo.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting San Antonio Zoo you voluntarily assume all risk related to exposure to COVID-19.