This VIP Tour is all about getting up-close to animals and making a wild connection! Learn about zoo’s most notable animals and meet with the team who care for them.
Your four-hour Encounter will include several off-exhibit and behind-the-scenes experiences that may include our Aldabra tortoises, Bird Nursery, Okapi Hippo Behind-the-Scenes, Giraffe Feeding, Rhino Experience, Flamingo Mingle, and our Hippo Behind-the-Scenes. You will ZOOm around the grounds on a private cart.
Fill out the form below to request a Wild Encounters VIP Tour today!
Wild Encounters Schedule: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- 10:00 a.m. – Meet at Lions Pride Plaza
- 10:30 a.m. – Behind The Scenes Hippos
- 11:00 a.m. – Behind The Scenes Rhinos
- 12:00 p.m. – Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. – Behind The Scenes Okapi
- 1:30 p.m. – Giraffe Feeding
- 2:00 p.m. – End of Tour
Please note: Animal presentations and behind-the-scenes areas are subject to change based on the health and welfare of the animals.
10 a.m. – 2 p.m. | $698 for two people ($349 per person)
Wild Encounter Guidelines/Disclaimers:
- The overall tour lasts around four hours.
- Admission to San Antonio Zoo is separate and required for entry.
- Face masks for guests ages 2 and older will be required during VIP tour.
- Refunds are not available for no-shows or without a minimum of one week’s notice.
- San Antonio Zoo reserves the right to cancel or modify the VIP due to inclement weather, animal health/well-being, and/or safety concerns. In the event of cancellation, efforts will be made to reschedule you on a future date.
- The VIP tour is subject to change and/or cancellation due to animal availability
- No service animals allowed during the tour.
- Children 15 years and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Any arrivals 15 minutes or later after the start of the experience will not be admitted.
- Please advise us of any disabilities, special needs, medical conditions, or any other concerns you may have that could prevent you from fully participating in the experience. The more information you can provide, the better we can assist you.