Get up close to one of nature’s largest mammals! You even get the opportunity to feed our hippos during this truly unique behind-the-scenes interaction.
This animal interaction is currently taking reservations beginning on August 21, 2020 at 11:15 a.m. This experience is limited to groups/families of six (6).
Behind the Scenes Interaction Guidelines
- Overall program lasts between 20 and 30 minutes.
- Admission to San Antonio Zoo is separate and required for entry.
- Face masks for guests ages 2 and older will be required during all behind-the-scenes interactions.
- Refunds are not available for no-shows or without a minimum of one week's notice.
- San Antonio Zoo reserves the right to cancel or modify the Behind-the-Scenes Interactions due to inclement weather, animal health, and/or safety concerns. In the event of cancellation, efforts will be made to reschedule you on a future date.
- Program is subject to change and/or cancellation due to animal availability
- No service animals allowed behind-the-scenes.
- Children 15 years and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Any arrivals 15 minutes or later after the start of the experience will not be admitted.
- Please advise us of any disabilities, special needs, medical conditions or any other concerns you may have that could prevent you from fully participating in the experience. The more information you can provide, the better we can assist you.
Select Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 11:15 a.m. beginning on August 21, 2020.