Zoo School - A Nature Based Preschool
A truly unique learning experiece in San Antonio!
Zoo School registration for the 2016-17 year opens on
May 25, 2016 at 11:00 am.
Started in 2004, Zoo School is a fully licensed preschool. It is one of the only preschools in San Antonio that uses nature as the integrating thread tying together the school’s philosophy, methodologies, classroom design and outdoor spaces.
Zoo School Information:
- Zoo School is a nature-based preschool.
- The 2016-17 school year runs from September 15, 2016 to May 19, 2017.
- Classes are conducted either from 8:45 am to 1:45 pm or 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Zoo School students should be ages 3-5 and display confidence in toileting and dressing themselves.
- The teacher to student ratio is one teacher to every 8 students.
- There are three registration options:
- 5-day: Monday through Friday
- 3-day: Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- 2-day: Tuesday and Thursday
Zoo School students will:
- Spend at least 50% of each day outdoors.
- Explore the zoo every day and participate in animal interactions and demonstrations.
- Cultivate an appreciation for the codependence we have with plants and animals.
- Investigate their own curiosity about their surroundings with compassion and care.
- Recognize that learning can be as much of a serious hands-on experience as it is messy fun.
- Engage in motor activities to develop spatial awareness and place value on daily exercise.
- Foster a lifelong passion for habitat conservation and self-directed learning.
- Play with natural materials, such as rocks, dirt, water, sand, twigs and leaves (expect your child to come home sweaty, dirty, and happy)
Tuition and Fees
5 day program: $750 a month
3 day program: $500 a month
2 day program: $350 a month
Registration Fee: $400.00
Click HERE for information on registration.