The Nature Spot
Kronkosky's Tiny Tot Nature Spot
*All water areas have been drained for maintenace and will re-open in March. Thank you for your patience as we work to improve the Nature Spot.
While visiting Kronkosky's Tiny Tot Nature Spot, children will be encouraged to get out of their strollers (and in many cases their shoes and socks) for a hands-on encounter with real, wild, life! Specially designed areas and well-trained staff, called Playleaders, will help children and their families immerse themselves in nature. To enhance your trip for children five and under, check the schedule posted near the Nature Spot entrance for daily animal presentations and activities. During each and every visit, children will be immersed in nature experiences that engage the senses, encourage discovery and bring them close to nature.
Kronkosky's Tiny Tot Nature Spot consists of seven major areas:
- Tropical Waters: Get face-to-fin with giant fish and watch as they swim in schools.
- My Backyard - Plant seeds in the garden, encounter a silkie chicken, make birdfeeders and smell the flowers.
- Monkey/Sloth Hang and Coati Dig: Climb and hang like a monkey or dig like a coati. Crawl into the coati log and get nose-to-nose with this amazing animal.
- Go Wild: Pound the drums, run up and down hills, or just rest in the shade in this large grassy area.
- Discovery House: This indoor facility features three exhibit rooms with full views of the outdoor areas.
Explore Your Pond Room: Pretend to fish in the indoor pond or enter a child-size aquarium.
Explore Your Zoo: Dress-up and act out various Zoo jobs.
Explore Underground: Crawl through the tunnel and discover what lives underground. View the underground activities of prairie dogs and other critters.
- Campground: Explore tents, play in the stream, explore a hollow log and look for bugs.
Pier and Pond: Play in a boat, feed the fish, and experience a floating dock.
- Riverbank*: Play in the water, dig in the sand, and climb on giant tortoise shells.
* If you plan for your children to swim at the Riverbank please call ahead to ensure it is open. Also, don't forget to bring swim diapers and a towel!